Hon. Joseph Ekakamonajedo Otirhue hails from Mereje in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State. He was born into the family of Mr. and Mrs. Hope Otirhue.
He attended Mereje Primary School and Orhue Secondary School, Mereje. He later proceeded to Delta State University, Abraka where he bagged Bsc.(Hons.) degree in Political Science.
Hon. Otirhue was at various times a businessman, a rubber merchant, an oil magnate and a general contractor. Though, still a businessman, he is a seasoned politician, who has held various appointments and elective positions amongst which are:
- Secretary, Okpe Local Government Council (2001-2002)
- Councilor, Deputy Leader and Leader Legislative Arm, Okpe Local Government Council (2004-2007)
- Executive Chairman, Okpe Local Government Council (2008-2011)
- Director Administration, Peoples Democratic Party Campaign Organization (2014-2015)
- Special Adviser to the Governor on Local Government Affairs (2015-2019) and
- Presently, Chairman, Delta State Local Government Service Commission, Asaba.
He is a devoted Christian, a Minister of the Gospel and a Sunday School Teacher in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Delta Province (6).
Hon. Dn. Joseph Otirhue is happily married to Susan Otirhue and the union is blessed with children.